[nagdu] Service Dog Forced To Ride In Taxi Trunk

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 10 19:18:35 UTC 2011

Yeah.  Agencies are the worst, depending on your state.  Only a few are
still good and function to provide information, training and tools to get
their consumers back to work and productive life.  Others seem to have
fallen into the notion that finding any excuse to avoid doing that for
someone is important because it is the agencies job to keep resources out of
the hands of blind.  Ours will go shockingly far there -- telling a young
college student who has already completed a year of school successfully that
she is too stupid to learn so they can't send her there was pretty out of
line.  I mean, they've said some truly nasty stuff to me and had me
evaluated for a learning disability I don't have, which made them unhappy so
they just kept making stuff up every time I came back to see if they were
ready to do what they're supposed to, what my taxes have been paying them
to...  Mostly to keep building up stuff on tape and over email so that I can
use it somewhere someday...  But me, I'm a snarly old thing who knows who
she is, what she's done in life, what the results have been...  I'm not a
kid just trying to get a start in life.  For them to pull that one on her
was just...  Wrong!

So, yeah, you hear a lot of horror stories like that from agencies these
days.  Hope your friend is all right and getting what she needs!

Tami Smith-Kinney