[nagdu] Different types of dogs

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 23 19:55:51 UTC 2011

Mardi,

Just remember to collect and save some genetic material from Nala.
Cloning technology is improving, and costs are coming down as R&D
expenses are paid off. Unlike the adaptive tech market in a lot of areas
still.  But that's another matter.  I'm glad someone else will admit to
seriously wanting to do that.  /lol/  Blurting that out in conversation
can generate awkward silence broken by strangled stutterings.  I havent'
checked for awhile, but cloning is probably still beyond the means of
the likes of you and I... By the time I need to start looking for
Mitzi's successor, though, who knows? If it is possible for me to take
that route, who knows what I will decide, really?  She's only 5, and
genetic health problems could still show up (I'm in denial about that),
etc.  Physically, she is healthy and sound, except for some early issues
from bugs, not genes.  Her temperament is fantastic, and I love her
poodly brains and even obstinance at work, home and play.  Also, as I
keep telling her, she will be helping me raise herself, so that's
vengeance for me for her puppyhood.  /lol/  She grins and wags her tail
as if I am being silly.  Whether she knows what I am saying or not (I
really do wonder sometimes even when she can't possibly), I get the
impression she generally assumes that if I am talking, I am just being
silly for her amusement.  I then begin to wonder if I am a masochist
when it comes to guide dogs.  /lol/

The greater choice in breed and individual is a big plus to
owner-training.  Except for the part where you're looking for the right
pup from the breed you've selected, which is really nerve-wracking and
can take a lot of time.  Unless you're lucky, which seems to have
happened to me with Mitzi.  Maybe that's another reason I just want to
clone her when the time comes.  I don't have to turn myself into a wreck
wondering if I will find that elusive new prospect in a puppy...  Scary
stuff, that! /smile/

Glad Shaman is doing well and progressing.  He must be pretty adult,
too, by now and building up experience. That's when it starts to be real
fun. /grin/