[nagdu] Pulling up the harness was Do you ever get angry with your dogs andhowtocontroleit?

Bernadetta Pracon bernadetta_pracon at samobile.net
Sat Mar 5 08:44:44 UTC 2011

Hi guys:
I've been told not to lift up the harness to speed my pup up when a TSE
trainer came out for a follow up a few years ago. She said that it may
speed him up temporarily,but it does actually cause the harness to dig
into the space between his front paws and his belly. In Kipp's case, it
actually slowed him down more often than not, when I did that. The
instructor said that the more affective approach is to pull the leash
forward with the right hand, like some people have already suggested on
here. Also, I find that if I pull the harness back slightly, by curving
my elbow a littlemore, it causes a little more positive tension, which
motivates him and makes him pay more attention to the pace.  I'm not
saying that this is good advice for everyone, because some harnesses
may be designed in a way where they don't cut into the dog's paws if
pulled up; I'm basing this on a TSE harness.

Just thought I'd add some useful input.

all best

Bernadetta