[nagdu] Princess Cruise Lines Welcomes Guide Dogs for theBlindGroup

Robert Martin robert.martin at cfu.net
Sun May 29 19:16:24 UTC 2011

Hi,
It's not that I really object to going on a cruise with other blind people.
It is just that I don't think in those terms.  I'll be sixty five years old
tomorrow and have been blind since thirteen.  IN all those years I have
known probably at most a dozen people who are blind.  Therefore when I think
of travel or anything else I think in terms of my sighted friends and
relatives.  I'm actually looking forward to going to the Seeing Eye next
month and being a part of a community of blind individuals who are there
fore a shared experience.  It should be interesting and challenging and I
suspect I'll learn a great deal from those who have gotten dogs before since
I'm there for my first one.  That observation I made to my friend was in no
way intended to reflect prejudice, just a difference in experience.

Regards,

Bob