[nagdu] Boredum revisited

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Mon May 30 20:21:16 UTC 2011

I took a walk with my Fisher today that I hadn't done in a while and varied it. Now, in fairness to him, it was hot, and we haven't walked in this kind of temps this year. I am actually always quite careful about that since we do have AC and I believe the dogs don't get quite as acclimated as they do if you don't have it. Not giving it up. LOL. Anyway, he was pretty lackluster in his moving; ran me into an evergreen that was sticking out in the way and we had to correct. When we were about two blocks from home, though, well, before that, he was first challenged by dogs. We navigated that. Then he picked up again, but it was because there were obstacles, and he was planning to do them just right, which he did a fine job of. So part of it is that they may be a little bored, but they are always watching for something to fix for us. I am sure I knew this, but it was just kind of neat to see him do it. OK, don't laugh cause I've been using a dog for longer than some of you are old, but it was just interesting to have been having this discussion and then see what he did.

Cindy