[nagdu] going home on the bus

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 11 20:51:53 UTC 2011

Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 7:08 AM
Subject: Re: [nagdu] going home on the bus
 One rule I have for people directly is this: "You leave my partner alone
and mind your own business, he will do the same for you. Anyone who chooses
to bother him, he'll bug them right back."
I've had someone ask me why don't I hire someone to go take me everywhere.
My response is: "Well, do you have up to $500.00 to provide me to cover cost
of gas and to pay a person for their time?"
Sometimes, I feel like telling individuals who behave in that manner that if
it's a huge problem for them, then they might as well not bother with the
city bus.
Pawsengers are becoming more common and as long that they are clean,
well-behaved and under control, they have the same right as us.
*Smiles*
I know on some days when I'm not in the best of of a good mood, I just
simply walk to the back of the bus and sit down to where Odie and I can be
left alone.
There's plenty of room for him to be comfortable withoutt being enclosed or
boxed in.
He gets agitated easily and I'm sure after a while, he's come close to
losing his cool completely.
I'm sure some people will ask me why I go to the back?
Majority of the bus routes I've been on, I've become familiarized with and
know the turns.
> If I tried to put Odie in between two seats that face forward, there's a
> high probability of him getting stick or caught.
I actually experienced this happening with my other two guide dogs.
Freedom David Berry's harness ended up coming off of him while we were in
between those two seats that face forward.
I also have them days where Odie and I will walk here in the downtown area
when it's sunny and mild just to get that extra exercise.
As for those from other countries: if we're required to obey their rules,
then if they come here, they're also told to obey our rules too.
If not, face the justice system.
Bibi and Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf