[nagdu] Guide Dog Agencies-Wisconsin

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Wed Oct 19 13:39:08 UTC 2011

I wonder if the school could have the pups in training live with a family? I'd actually love this, I'd get to have a dog that needs a family, but that isn't home all day, and I'd be able to provide honest feedback on how the dog behaved out of harness.
My daughter would probably love it too.
I've heard this sort of deal is done in the U.K.?

As for having a dog as a kid, I think the bennifit depends on the type of kid you are.  My daughter's personality would mean she'd really enjoy it.  Unfortunately, I can't sustain full dog ownership right now and the work and time commitment involved. I would like to find some way to volunteer with dogs that would involve her.
We also had dogs growing up as kids. I really just kind of remember them being there. My husband had the same experience.