[nagdu] NFB of Illinois Forms Guide Dog Users' Committee

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 26 23:20:17 UTC 2011

Dear All,
    I am excited to announce that the National Federation of the Blind of Illinois has begun the process of organizing the Illinois Association of Guide dog Users. On Tuesday, October 25, Patti Gregory-Chang, NFBI president, facilitated the organizational meeting of the affiliate's Guide Dog Users' Committee, the first step on the path to division status. On November 29, the committee will meet again. One of the priorities of this next meeting will be to elect those who will lead the committee until it ratifies a constitution and elects a board of Directors. Once formally organized, the Illinois Association of Guide Dog Users will become a division of the National Federation of the Blind of Illinois and an affiliate division of the National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU).
    NAGDU currently has affiliate divisions in California, Florida, Missouri, New York, New Jersey, Ohio, and Wisconsin. Members of affiliate NAGDU divisions are members of the National Association of Guide Dog Users with all of the rights and privileges of membership. NAGDU also has or is in the process of organizing Guide Dog Users' Committees in Georgia, Michigan, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Texas, Washington, and West Virginia. If you are interested in supporting the work of NAGDU in your affiliate, please get in touch with me. My contact information is below my signature.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
813-626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG
HTTP://WWW.NAGDU.ORG