[nagdu] Thunderdog

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sat Sep 3 01:43:06 UTC 2011

        NLS now has Thunder dog,

        Thunder Dog: The True Story of a Blind Man, His Guide Dog, and
        the Triumph of Trust at Ground Zero

Hingson, Michael. Read by Peter Ganim. Reading time 7 hours 19 minutes.
Blindness and Physical Handicaps

Michael Hingson, an executive who worked in the North Tower of the World
Trade Center, recounts his escape after the September 11, 2001,
terrorist attacks. Hingson, blind since birth, describes what he and his
guide dog Roselle experienced as she led him down seventy-eight flights
of stairs to safety. 2011.

I actually got the Audible version on Wednesday and finished it this
morning.  Who knew the library would have a new book this soon?  It was
a good book.  It's the story of Mike and Roselle's experience on 9-11
intermingled with biographical info and historical info about blindness
with an emphasis on technology.  I wish schools would have this as
required reading and skip that Helen  Keller book.  It's kind of dated
and this gives a much more realistic picture of blindness today.

Happy reading!
Julie