[nagdu] gentle pull

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 17 04:54:22 UTC 2011

Hi, Chantel,
I don't think your wait would be longer at all.
Although we're told that we should be open and workable, there are times
when situations vary from one user to another like medical things or people
have a slower pace.
When you do go to Pilot, they have you do a Juno walk to begin with to see
how your pace and pull are to give you the right match.
After my second guide dog Freedom David Berry in conbination of my back pac
hurt my right shoulder three times, Jay Gray and Mike Tessmer worked hard to
make sure I was matched with a dog who didn't require continuous leash
corrections and to also be sure the dog wasn't going to drag me all over the
place.
Honestly, that's how I felt when freedom David Berry did that though.
With Odie, I didn't feel like I was almost being pulled face first to the
ground nor was I being dragged either.
Bibi