[nagdu] Martingale Collar

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Sun Apr 15 17:34:49 UTC 2012

Just for information.  When I returned from Pilot, I kept looking for a new correction collar.  The triditonal "choke chain" or as I call it, a check chain, I don't really like because it looks sort of harsh and can pull hair.  First, I found the chains with cloth woven in them.  I forget who makes them but they come in pink and black.  They are a little better but not much.  Next, I found a collar made by Timberwolf.  This collar works the same but its a rolled cloth or leather collar that only comes in black.  That thing lasted about 6 weeks and began to come apart near one of the loopes.  Another good correction and poof!  The Merry chase begins!  Finally, I found Martingale.  The collar I settled on is blue and gold.  Guess why?  But, they also have a few other colors as well.  I'm looking for the one that has hearts and stuff on it.  Anyway, it works exactly like the check chain without pulling hair or looking harsh.  So far, this one has lasted a year and shows no signs of fraying.  Also, I can still get the message accross to Holly if needed.
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!