[nagdu] Hospitals

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sun Apr 15 20:59:05 UTC 2012

Moranda,
    The general ruile of thumb is that, unless others must undergo specific
precautions to prevent the spread of infection or disease, such as wearing
gloves, masks, or gowns, a well groomed well behaved service dog should be
permitted. I have attached the document "Guidelines for environmental
infection control in health care facilities" published by the Centers for
Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) for your information. I have also
conducted a podcast concerning this question that is available at

http://www.nagdu.org

This information is also available on the NAGDU Information & Advocacy
Hotline at 888-NAGDU411 (888-3841)., If you have any specific question or
need more information, please feel free to write to me off-list or give me a
call. My contact information is below myu signature.

fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
813-626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG
HTTP://WWW.NAGDU.ORG