[nagdu] Pinch collars

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 18:08:30 UTC 2012

William,

Pinch collars are wonderful. In my opinion, unless your dog likes pain, he
won't pull to hard against a pinch collar. Also, pinch collars allow you to
give your dog a less drastic looking correction and get the same point
across. With a pinch collar you don't have to jerk the leash as hard, and
they are sort of self correcting. By that I mean, when the dog starts to
pull, he is reminded that it is not a good idea.

If you decide to go the route of a pinch collar, make certin it is properly
fitted, and don't get one of the very small ones, get a medium link size.

Also, pinch collars are better for the dog than a choke chain. A choke chain
if pulled to hard, or over time, can damage a dog's neck.

HTH

Mark