[nagdu] Please Read: Reducing List Traffic

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 23 14:06:17 UTC 2012

Dear All,
    One of my priorities for this list is to reduce the traffic by keeping
mesages substantive and on-topic. I have sent messages to several people
off-list, including the individual who posted the message about the Talking
Book reader, urging them to help this priority. Discussing the fact that a
message is off-topic is as much off-topic and a violation of this list's
guidelines as the original post. I want to ask everyone to let the
moderators of this list handle these issues and not add to the traffic on
this list  by continuing such threads.
    On a similar note, we are seriously considering limiting the number of
messages any single subscriber can post to the list in an effort to reduce
the traffic. To avoid this measure, I want to ask everyone to take ownership
of this issue and consider whether or not a message on the thread would add
to the discussion of the topic. I would also ask that messages directed to
an individual be sent to that individual off-list. Remember that we have
about 250 subscribers who are a part of this list because of the valuable
information that can be gleaned from it. If your message should not be sent
to all 250 subscribers, please take it off-llist. Your cooperation is
greatly appreciated!

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
813-626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG
HTTP://WWW.NAGDU.ORG