[nagdu] Correcting undesirable behaviors, ...

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 21:18:52 UTC 2012

You know, if you use tones and responses that imply praise to a dog, it seems that you won't get the desired results. Once a trainer came to visit me. I had a dog who growled at people who tried to touch her, and she barked furiously at people when they came to the door. The vet was afraid that she would bite someone sometime because of fear. So I took the approach of petting her and telling her it would be OK in a mamma loves you tone. A trainer came to visit me and I did that when he was at the door and she was barking. He said what I was doing was condoning her behavior by doing what I was doing. As I thought of it, that made sense.

Cindy