[nagdu] independence

Lea williams leanicole1988 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 12:08:33 UTC 2012

Independence has its own meaning for everyone. How someone might
define the word, someone else could define it differently. So as long
as someone is happy with their life the way it is, I guess that is all
that matters.

Yeah so, some might have more self-independence than another but, that
doesn't matter because it is their choice to make for themselves.
Even sited people have different levels of independence. Like my
sister for an example, doesn't do anything without her husband either
knowing or doing it with her. I personally would hate to have someone
control me as much as he does her but, this is what makes her feel
safe, so let her enjoy what she desires. As long as it is not hurting
others then it should be fine.

I am a very independent person to most. I live on my own; I cook and
clean without anyone coming in to help. I rarely have to ask for help.
Just mainly with my mail since my scanner is broke, and the bit at the
stores. Went I do go to the stores, I meet the bus, get on, go to the
store with my bags and list in hand. At the store I get help and we go
around the store to get my things. Then I go back home and the drivers
will usually help me carry my things inside. Since I live so close to
a stop, just about half a block away and this is a small town so they
just take me back to my apartment.

To be honest, since I had eyesight as a child, I feel as if what I do
is not all that independent. Yes I do a lot on my own but, if I were
able to go get my own things in the stores, then I would be much
happier. I prefer to shop in the small stores up town a lot more than
a larger store because I can go in and wonder about and there is
always someone available to ask to describe something. Much more in my
control verses someone walking me all about the stores and taking me
to what I want. At least I can look about much more on my own in the
smaller stores. Unfortunately, the smaller store that I have near me
only sells things like clothes.

But this only goes to say that independence is each owns own deffinition.

--

Lea Williams

Phone;
704-732-4470