[nagdu] my power chair comes Wednesday,what will Odie think???

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 25 20:49:36 UTC 2012

HI, all,
I was given some good suggestions on a blind wheelchair users list I'm on and do find them helpful.
Bibi
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: my power chair comes Wednesday,what will Odie think???
Just don't get all excited. Let him sniff it with the motor off.  Then you
sit in the chair and ashure him. Then turn the battery on and again watch
his reactions.  Then take Odie to another room and you and the tech learn
how to opporate the machine. You want that first impression to be good. Get
your long white cane and take a test drive down your hallway.It takes a lot
of time a lot of consentration to learn as a blind person mobility using a
power chair. We have talked on this list how it is so easy to put wholes in
the walls. Nock over electronic equipment, end tables, chairs, it takes
patience and practice. You are a car to Odie to be avoided. So be very kind
to him, and absolutely when you practice in your home, put him in his crate
for safety.
Someone else can talk about holding a cane and a joy stick,