[nagdu] High School students and Guide Dogs...

Debbie Cole debbieanne1124 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 17:29:08 UTC 2012

I inquired at Guide dogs of the Desert in White Water/Palm Springs
California about their accepting High School Students.  Here is the
reply I received.  Just for future references.

We can take individuals as young as 16, however, this is on a very
special case-by-case basis.

As you know caring for and working with a Guide Dog is a lot of
responsibility.  Working a dog in high school can be especially
challenging.

We will often encourage individuals to finish high school before
applying for a dog.

However, if this student believes that they are ready for the work and
responsibility, they may apply with us and we can look into it from
there.

--
warmly,

Debbie Cole