[nagdu] NHD National History Day question

Mark and Colleen Richards markandcolleenrichards at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 1 21:05:45 UTC 2012

Hello! My name is Brooke Richards and I am preparing for National History Day being held in Boise, Idaho March 10th.  My topic is on service animals and how they have reformed society.  I am working on the laws right now.   My older brother shared an experience that he witnessed this last week while entering a Walmart store in Provo, Utah.  There was a lady in her 40's who was being detained at the entrance of the store from entering by what looked to be a manager and two employees because her yellow lab did not have on a service vest.  She appeared to have a cane with her.  I looked up the Utah code and from my understanding, by law this woman should have been able to enter the store if the dog did not have on a service vest.   With the current laws passed, have any of you had similar experiences you would share that I can use in my presentation and would have permission to include your name in my bibliography.   Thank you for your help!Ms. Brooke Richards