[nagdu] dog food and Re: flying, changes, and vet visit

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Tue Feb 7 17:59:53 UTC 2012

Hannah,

People beef jerky has a lot of salt and all sort of spices and chemicals
in it.  It's not going to have adverse health effects in very small
doses, but I'd proceed with caution.  If you want to give a meaty treat
just plain meat of any variety, chicken, beef, frog etc should be fine.

That's the health part of it.  There is a entirely different aspect of
your question and that is the behavior component.  Different people have
differing views on people food as snacks, treats or entire meals.  I
believe that as long as the behavior of the dog isn't affected
negatively by the use of food of any variety then it's okay.  It really
depends on how you give food and how your dog perceives it.  I don't
suggest using food as a bribe.  This doesn't work any better for dogs
than it does for kids! *smile*

Julie