[nagdu] Reading glasses

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Feb 17 18:34:58 UTC 2012

The only thing the vet said about Ben was that his eyes are having normal
aging changes, so that, if he wants to watch TV or read, he'll need
glasses.  Very funny, but not too informative.  I asked the vet if it
would affect Ben's being able to see a car coming, and he said no, but I
had the distinct impression that he wasn't at all thinking of Ben as a
working dog and only as a couch potato.
He did say that a dog with the changes Ben has might not be able to track
the flight of a ball for long distances anymore.
Anyway, I know Echo's eyes also showed this kind of change, retrolenticle
something-or-other, and she never seemed to have trouble seeing well
enough to do her job.
Tracy