[nagdu] Going Home with the Wrong Dog was Re: could have, would have, should have

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 29 00:37:14 UTC 2012

Hi, Rebecca P,
I'm glad to hear that a policy was put in place as it does help both school and handler know if the guide dog team will work out for one another.
When I went back to Pilot the second time and was paired up with Odie, the executive director, Jay Gray almost wanted to keep me there for the rest of the month or two so he'd be sure that Odie and I would be able to work out together since the misfortune happened with Freedom David Berry.
I'm curious about the other guide dog schools and are their policies similar to where they have a trainer and handler sign off on paperwork?
I remember doing something similar at GEB back when I was matched with Orleans.
Bibi