[nagdu] day of rest

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 2 02:08:45 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
Odie and I had a day of rest, today and yesterday.
I planned on going with my husband to pick up my meds, but decided I needed to stay home.
It was good he went alone anyway as he told me the Super Wal-Mart was busy and crowded.
Odie happily enjoyed being able to relax yesterday and today.
Earlier this morning, Odie needed to go out for a potty break.
At first, I thought he wanted more food, so ignored him.
Later on, it was rellevant that he, really, needed to go.
So, on the shoes went and his collar and leash.
He happily felt better after cleanning out and we were going to come back inside.
As we were making our way out of the gate to our pet area, a creepy character approached us in a bad way.
Odie wasn't too happy with him either, given that the person didn't look right and nore was he respectfuly, but in the eyes of my four-legged furry partner.
Character asked me if he could shaek my hand and I refused by not putting it out.
I was going to go up the ramp toward the door as the security guard would be able to see what was going on.
Instead, Odie diverted me away from the ramp and I felt my partner's leash tightening up.
He started to follow the guy and inched closer.
At that point, the individual knew he'd better get out of there quickly.
We immediately turned around to go back to the apartment complex after Odie made sure the weird man was out of sight.
First, he directed me to a familiar land mark which happened to be the bicycle rack and once I touched it, back to the door we went.
I went inside, stopped after the last step and gave Odie a hug and pat, with lots of praise, telling him that he was a good boy.
Both of us approached the desk and i told the guard what happened.
He did ask if I was all right, letting me know he was going to go out to check if the guy would still be loydering around the property.
I told him that Odie did a good job of scaring the individual away and again, Odie was given another good boy response from the guard.
Once getting back into our home, I then gave him a food reward as he earned it.
It was a scary situation to be in, but the two of us handled it well.
Odie didn't have to use his teeth nor give any other warnings.
All it too was for him to scare the creep out by following up behind him.
Although I'm sure some may think Odie may have been trying to say ehllo, I could tell by his body language that it wasn't going to be a definite hello, but more of a "go away" thing.
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf