[nagdu] Dusty's Law

Vanessa Lowery vlowery at dhr.state.md.us
Wed Jul 18 17:39:09 UTC 2012

I knoo everyone is livid about the Good Will situation in Tennessee.  I would be too, but in the meantime, let's put our forces together to help wiht the passage of "Dusty's Law" in New Jersey as it will benefit handlers, raisers, and trainers.  Below is the message I sent to another list.

It took some doing, but I managed (I think) to email one of the sponsors of Assembly Bill 2728, "Dusty's Law".  Unlike the website in Maryland for our legislators which includes the email addresses for each on their specific web pages, you have to go through several steps on the New Jersey legislative website in order to send an email.  As a brief (three years) but former resident of New jersey, and of course, as a grad of TSE, I wanted them to know I support the bill.  Like Lisa, any of us could find ourselves in training at the school and face an attack from an uncontrolled dog, even in Morristown.

I encourage all TSE grads, be they residence of N.J. or not to let your voice be heard.  And if you know grads of other guide dog schools who live in n.J., encourage them as well.  If anyone needs for me to resend the message about "dusty's Law", let me know.

I may try to email a couple of other sponsors later today or tomorrow.

Vanessa Lowery, LGSW
Adult and Community Services Division
Adult Services Screening Unit
410-853-3550
VLowery at dhr.state.md.us

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is proprietary, legally privileged and/or confidential. This Email is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not an
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies.