[nagdu] bringing shopping carts on the bus

d m gina dmgina at samobile.net
Sat Jun 9 17:45:20 UTC 2012

The first time I got on a low buss or the one step buss, I was told
this was a one step so I lifted my foot high,
I sure felt silly when I didn't need to do that.
The instructor and I both laughed.
this would be nice for the van door to door if it had a one step
instead of like a buss with four steps.
then when the driver doesn't get near the door, I have them put their
hand under my elbo where my cane is so I have the balance to step out further.
The thing I hate is when you step between the curb and the van step or buss.
Just doesn't feel good at all.
Now on this topic, I have been trained several ways how to get off with a dog,
One is to let the dog let you know how many or how far the step is to
the sidewalk is.
the problem I have with this, is the dog tends to get out of control
when the driver starts talking to the dog.
So I have the dog sit at the first step and I get off.
I also won't have the dog running up steps.
We must go up together.
I think it is the eye contact with the driver.
I will be entertained to see how seeing eye does it.