[nagdu] Third party reporting by other guide dog users

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 10 22:40:01 UTC 2012

Hi, Tami and all,
It is sad and disgusting how people as a whole have to be so disrespectful towards each other and I see it not just only with those amongst the disabled community, but also in the sighted era as a whole.
Although I do give suggestions to other guide/assistance dog handlers, I will tell them always to stick to what they've learned from their training school or even call the school directly.
What annoys me the most are the people who just think they know it all and that they're at a higher level than others.
One time when I was doing some shopping ath a super Wal-Mart on Hampden and Dayton on the border or Auror/Denver, Colorado, I was hanging on to the handle bar at the front of the cart heeling Odie and my assistant was pulling the cart, some lady came up to me, claiming that she was a vet tech and stated how something was wrong with Odie's back legs just because he was walking slow.
My shopper assistant told me Odie seemed fine and he was walking slow because the two of us were moving slow.
I phoned my vet and told them what happened.
Boy! They were mad at the other individual, the so-called vet tech for making up false claims.
The vet told me that if there was something gruely wrong, Odie would have already let me know.
Although he can't verbally talk, he does use body language.
When I want to know how Odie feels or what his answers are, I'm always feeling his head.
He moves both of his ears for yes and one for no.
I also like to feel his mouth opening when he smiles or yawns.
Bibi