[nagdu] Guide Dogs of America

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Fri Jun 22 17:03:17 UTC 2012

Yeah, Bibi, what is now known as Guide Dogs of America used to be called
International Guiding Eyes, Inc (IGE).  The name came from the union in , I
think, 1948 when the union started the school to help out a union member who
was losing his sight and no school would accept him because he was older.
Most schools used to have a lower age and upper age parameter then.

It seems to me that the school changed its name in 1993.  It was still IGE
when I got a dog from there in 1990.  I don't know what prompted the name
change.

Lyn and Landon