[nagdu] American Red Cross

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 28 11:48:31 UTC 2012

Hi, Steve,
Yes, 211 does exist.
For some reason a long time ago when I did dial it on my Comcast home phone and my Verizon Wireless services, I had trouble connecting to it.
I'd get a message that states the call can't be place nor go through.
That was probably for/five years ago.
Just dialed 211 on my Verizon Wireless cel phone and my Comcast land line just now.
Happily, it went through on both.
*Smiles*
Yes, I definitely keep 211 as another back up resource.
I'm now a member of the Colorado Cross Disability Coalision, a non proffit agency who works beside other legal agencies here in Colorado.
I'm on their alerts mailing list and they did just put up guidelines for evacuation in emergency situations.
All year around, I always try to keep extra medicines on hand since I take seven different prescribed ones, meds for Odie along with having lots of extra dog food.
Since two major apartment fires happened in my apartment complex over four years ago, I've had to rethink it all and be better prepared.
When I did my trip to Reno, NV a month ago, made sure Odie ahd a couple of extra cups of food.
Bibi