[nagdu] tips and tricks for dealing with diarrhea

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Mar 5 19:12:50 UTC 2012

Hi Marsha.
Sorry to hear of your woes.
My retired guide Echo is very old, and has frequent accidents in the
house.  We put down a tarp in the place where she hangs out most.  It's
very easy to clean.  If it gets really gross, we haul it outside and hose
it off, and put down a clean one.  Tarps are very cheap.  We bought ours
at the hardware store.
I have contemplated buying an X-pen to keep her confined to the tarp
sometimes, but, for us, it's not actually necessary.
We've also been using AKC Gold to clean up messes.  We should have stock
in that company, and in companies that sell paper towels.
We also use the relieving harness fairly often.  Sometimes it catches the
problem, and sometimes not.  Sometimes the bag just gets messy.  Echo
doesn't mind the bag at all, though.  But she does mind when it's full and
she's walking around, so we have to pay attention.
Echo used to have irritable bowel.  The trick was finding a food that
agreed with her.  But I guess your problem is different.
Good luck.
Tracy