[nagdu] to daniel

Mariea Harris mharris1979 at carolina.rr.com
Mon Mar 12 12:09:22 UTC 2012

I'm new to the list, but read your e-mail about Scout. You did the best
you could. If the school gives suggestions, I think it best to at least
try them and you did so. Why they decided it wasn't a match after 3
years is beyond me. I've been in similar shoes though. I've had a dog
that wasn't a match and I worked her for 4 years. She never endangered
me, but she had other issues that were annoying and I could not break.
The school though didn't give me any help and made it out like it was my
fault. I also felt like they thought I didn't know what I was talking
about, when I indeed did. I also had to retire my previous guide after
only having her a year. She developed fears after only a month of being
home with me. The school came out twice and I did everything they
suggested. Unfortunately, she just got worse and retiring her was the
hardest thing I had to do. I loved her and her work, but her issues with
transportation just wasn't getting better and it was hindering my
mobility. Why these fears were never noticed during training and during
my class are also a mystery, but it happens. Please stop beating
yourself up. The school made the match, not you. You did your best to
make it work. That's all one can do in these circumstances.

--

Mariea and Valiant