[nagdu] Advance Notification

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 12:19:21 UTC 2012

I believe, Marion, that this is a good point. If some give advanced notification and some don't, then there is reasonably confusion. There is not only confusion for the companies/businesses, but actually for blind people as well. Do we or don't we?

I have signed up for a private retreat at a retreat center. I toyed with whether or not I should tell them. It is a church facility and not a public hotel really, so I did notify them in advance; that for me is a gray area and it is totally out of character for me to do it. They have no problem with my bringing him but were glad I said so. I think what made me do it was the notion that churches and the like are not necessarily considered public.

Cindy