[nagdu] Advance Notification

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 17:18:11 UTC 2012

Well, let me try to answer the question as best I can without seeming to judge. First of all, the way we have gotten much of what we have gotten has been because people were willing to sit in exit rows and be removed from planes and strip searched; they have refused to give up canes; they have picketed for rights. That is how we've made it to the place we are now. For me, I do from time to time have to consider the consequences. If I don't feel I can make the kind of sacrifice that is needed, then I don't do it. I feel badly about that sometimes, but there are times when you simply can't. That is up to you. None of the rest of us should judge you as a person, but know that if all of us made decisions to never make those kinds of sacrifices, we wouldn't be where we are now. I've not always made them myself. I don't know if I "sold out" because I told the folks at the convent that I had a dog and was it OK to bring him, but I felt I had to do it. Ultimately, we have to live with those decisions, so we need to way the options. If the options say there is no way we can do the sacrificing thing, then we can't. I just think that's  how it is.

Cindy