[nagdu] Questions About Moving TO Large City

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Wed Mar 28 17:50:15 UTC 2012

Hi Jess,
I lived in a small town when I got one of my dogs and then moved to a large
city - San Diego which is no ways as large as DC.

I began by visiting San Diego while I still lived in the small town.  My dog
wasn't able to adapt to big city stress and I did have to retire that dog
and got a new one who would work in a city.  This is something that can
happen but not all the time.  I don't know your dog so I have no way of
knowing how he'll react to living in a large city.  Do you have the
opportunity to spend some time in DC before you move there?  Ride the
subway, the buses, find crowded areas to work to see how he reacts.

It can go either way with your dog.  He may be mellow enough to let city
stress slide off his back or he may not like it at all other than the
occassional trip to a large city.  But, don't worry about it or stress
yourself out about it - the dog will pick up on your vibes and react to
that.  Just realize that it can go either way - he'll adapt and do wwell or
he won't.

Hope all goes well for your upcoming marriage and move.

Lyn and Landon