[nagdu] Michael Hingson was in a documentary that I saw while I was on my cruise in April

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue May 1 20:04:42 UTC 2012

I am posting this to both NAGDU, since Michael Hingson is the Vice President of NAGDU and the Travel and Tourism Division.
Well I was on my cruise, many people ask me what do you do when you are on a cruise.
Well I tell them that one night I saw a Comedian, his name was David, can't remember his last name, a little different kind of comedian, he has people laugh at themselves, even if the situations is not funny, it might make someone laugh or look at life differently later on.
Anyway, he was going to be showing later on during the cruise a documentary he made about different people, and he said that 2 of the people in the movie are blind, one is a guide dog user, that survived 9/11 in the World Trade Center and his dog and him helped others other of one of the towers.  Well after the show, he had a Q&A, he was also selling a book, and if we had funny stories to share which I did, plus I wanted to ask him if it was Michael Hingson in the movie.
Sure enough, he said yup, how did I know him, I explained and we had coffee afterwards, and talked about other funny situations in my life.
Not only did Michael come up on the cruise, but my President of the Greater Long Island Chapter, David Stayer, many people from Long Island were on the cruise and asked me if I knew him, one of the teachers that  were on the ship, asked me if I knew David from him doing events at the local schools called "Same But Different", and yup I know him.
Small world, and people knowing us for good things in life.
Just sharing.

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com