[nagdu] How to measure a successful guide dog team?

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Nov 3 16:59:30 UTC 2012

I don't think that absolute trust is necessary.  Desirable, yes, but not
essential.
I trust Ben to be what he is, and part of what he is is a sniff monster at
times.  So I've had to try to learn how to make an educated guess as to
when he's goofing off and when he's not.  This is not ideal, and I hope
not to have this problem so much with my next dog. But I still reckon
we're a successful team.
I get where I want to go without a lot of effort, and I'm safe.  And Ben
is well-behaved in the house and at work.  We've bumped along well enough
for 6 years now.  It's not perfect, but it's good enough.
Tracy