[nagdu] raw hide bone

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Tue Nov 13 13:18:25 UTC 2012

I've not heard too much about pig ears and hooves being problematic for
dogs.  Rawhide can be a problem if the dog bites off large chunks and
swallows them.  I've just started giving Monty rawhide.  I haven't
bought it for any of my dogs in probably close to 10 years.  He is
always supervised when chewing.    Oh and you have to be careful to buy
high quality rawhide.  A lot of the stuff, especially for smaller dogs,
that is in those cute little shapes like shoes and stuff is mostly
glue.  the rawhide is processed into little pieces, mixed with a binding
agent (glue) and then pressed into cute shapes. Avoid that stuff and get
100% rawhide if your going to give it to your dog.

Julie