[nagdu] working our dogs

Rebecca Ilniski rilniski at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 00:15:05 UTC 2012

Hi Sarah and all.  I was reading this thread and couldn't help
commenting.  I grew up in an area with no sidewalks and no bus service
because that's where my parents lived.  When I graduated from high
school I went to college in a small town and there were sidewalks and
such and places to work my dog.  Then after graduation and getting my
job, I moved to the city.  There are buses here that run every 15
minutes and I also have paratransit service that I use as well.  I'm
totally blind and have some other physical disabilities but I do get out
each day to go to work.  On weekends I spend time with friends or
involved in church activities during the week as well.  I also go to
therapy and it has helped me immensely as having that neutral person to
talk to has been helpful.  For me if I can't work a dog any longer  I
wouldn't have one if I couldn't physically  do it or my living situation
didn't support working a dog.  That's just my two cents worth.

--
Rebecca and Zeb
email: rilniski at gmail.com
facebook: www.facebook.com/rebeccai5