[nagdu] First dog concerns

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:24:53 UTC 2012

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the list!  My name is Julie, and I am also a college
student.  It takes a while to figure out the bond with your dog.  My
dog likes to play, but she also likes for me to just sit and pet her.
Perhaps try sitting next to him on the floor and petting him or
talking to him.  Some dogs like to know that you're there.  You can
even sit by him while you read or listen to a book.

About the traffic...  Keep working in the intersection.  Sometimes
cars don't do what they're supposed to, especially on a college
campus.  Also, you could find a street that isn't so busy to practice
your confidence and trusting the dog.  Good luck!

--
Julie McG
 Lindbergh High School class of 2009, National Federation of the Blind

life."
John 3:16