[nagdu] Bicyclists!

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Apr 16 15:31:08 UTC 2013

Ben and I occasionally get traffic checks from bicyclists running a red
light.  Good boy, Benny!
Sometimes we also get overtaken by a bicyclist on the sidewalk, but
usually they are polite enough to let me know they're coming so I can get
out of the way.

New York City tries to educate bicyclists to not ride on the sidewalk, to
be careful of pedestrians, and to obey traffic laws.  Part of the campaign
involves careless riders getting ticketed by the cops.  Ken, maybe you
could speak to your police or city council about such an education
campaign?  It really is very rude and careless of bike riders to come so
close to a pedestrian.
Tracy