[nagdu] Woman says cab driver refused her a ridebecause of seeing-eye dog

Leye-Shprintse Öberg leyeshprintse at ymail.com
Thu Aug 8 19:50:40 UTC 2013

BS"D

Actually, it isn't the dogs which are impure according to the Muslim tradition but their saliva. This fact is forgotten by many Muslims and today they instead see the dog as impure. The Koran speaks very possitive about the human's relationship with dogs. Traditionally, in many Asian countries dogs are seen as working dogs, guarding the home and watching the sheeps, so they can have problems to understand our close relationships with our dogs.

In the Jewish community dogs aren't seen as impure, they aren't kosher tough, but many are scared for dogs in the older generations and in the Orthodox Jewish community because of the history of the Shoah/Holocaust. Hitler and his guys used German Shepherd Dog to hurt the Jews therefore people's fright.

Kind regards,
Leye-Shprintse