[nagdu] [nagduscratching was ] harness or not?

Daniel daniel.sweeney1 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 27 15:00:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

I was just thinking that maybe putting a small mat or throw for your dog to
lay on and then put in your backpack when going from class to class might
help.
I have several classes where there are no coverings on the floor. Cass seems
to like these better than the ones with carpet. When I have a classroom with
carpet I put a small bath mat down for her. She loves it and it doesn't take
up much room in my backpack. I think there must be a lot of crap in the
carpet, while the floor is cleaner. She doesn't scratch when she has been on
the bath mat, but she did when I didn't use it. Just a thought.
I also wantd to mention that I did get one of the placards for my harness
that says "Ignore me I am a working dog". Not that everybody pays attention
to it, but a lot of folks do.
When this semester started, my teacher did have me inform the other students
of proper etiquette in approaching a guide dog, which I found very helpful
and considerate.
As I said earlier the handle on my harness is detachable which makes her
curling up into her little ball very easy. My longest class is 2 and a half
hours and she is just fine. The only problem lately is the having rooms with
no air conditioning when the temperatures have been over 90 outside, yikes!
The cooler weather is on the way, so I really don't want to rush it though,
so I keep that collapsible water bowl and the thermos of cold water with me
all the time.
Anyway, I digress. Hope my suggestion helps.

Daniel and Cass,
Lakewood, Colorado