[nagdu] petting distractions

Eve Sanchez celticyaya at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 20:25:44 UTC 2013

Well, I tried to respond to the posts about dogs getting petted and google
said it was refused as junk mail. Just wanted mythoughts on this out there
and hopefully it will get to those in the right conversation already so it
makes sense. I am sure everyone will be able to relate to this though.
Oh, this all sounds so familiar. I got one of those signs from GDUI and it
helps as it says very clearly 'do not pet working dog'. I think we need a
larger sign that says something like 'ignore working dog' though. I have so
many people who if not petting her, will get down in her face and in a baby
talk voice say 'I won't pet you, no I won't, but you are so pretty I want
to pet you, yes I do". Hello people. You have distracted my dog and I am in
danger of falling off a curb, or being walked into a chair, or whatever
because she is paying attention to you not me. I got a large bruise on my
leg yesterday for this very thing. I do like the suggestion of putting them
through their paces for a moment. Maybe since the harsh words or reprimands
to people or dogs makes no difference, this will. Well, Blessed Be all. Eve