[nagdu] Re; Discrimination

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Fri Jul 12 13:05:57 UTC 2013

Hi Suzy and all,

As president of our NAGDU Florida affiliate, this communication from the
Stark police department is everything we hope for in a police department!
Unfortunately, so often the police simply do not know about the state laws
which make these access denials a criminal offense. Cudos to this
department!

Because of the widespread problem here in Florida of not having the police
initially on our side, FLAGDU is launching a project we're calling LEE, that
is, Law Enforcement Education. We will be asking guide dog users around the
state to help with educating their law enforcement agencies on guaranteed
state rights for guide dog users. Our vice president Merry Schoch will head
up this project.

The response from Suzy's police department is what we'd love to see in all
states' police departments, that's for sure! Thanks so much, Suzy, for
letting us all know about this. This is the ideal we wish we would all
encounter when calling in the police after an access denial.

Sherrill O'Brien