[nagdu] Choking!

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sat Jul 27 12:19:48 UTC 2013

I was reading the GDB puppy raising manual. It's available publically at
their website.  There's a section in there about choking.  Sorry, I can't
remember exactly what they recommended, but it would be easy to look it up,
if someone were so inclined.

Honestly it's been a fascinating read so far.  I'm not a fan of correction
based training, but I'm learning a lot.  There are things I hadn't really
considered before.  I especially like that the why of each rule is
explained.  For example they don't allow fetch games and they go on to
explain that it teaches the dogs to chase, which could interfere with later
guide work.  I don't happen to agree, but I really appreciate that they
relate everything back to the final goal of working as a successful guide.

Julie