[nagdu] Waiting tame begins

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Sun Mar 3 19:27:01 UTC 2013

Yay! Jenny!!
You'll do fine.  I've worked several guide dogs in the snow and it is always
challenging.  When you go to the school, just try to relax and realize that
the new dog isn't Brooks.  That was unfortunate that you had that problem
and that it interfered with your confidence in a dog.  Just try to remember
that the new dog is different and hope they give you a nice calm, steady,
careful worker.  They DO exist and you can get your trust back.  Hopefully,
you get in a class when the weather is nice and no snow around so you can
concentrate on working and trusting your dog.

Hope all is well with you.  With all the air pressure changes we are getting
(rain, santa ana, rain, santa ana...).  That is cool, rainy, with humidities
in 70s 0r 80s for a day or so.  Then a high pressure santa ana with
humidities down in the teens or single digits for a few days, and then back
to cloudy, low pressure days again.  That wreaks havoc with my sinuses and
thus headaches.  Ugh.

Landon and his friend, Bernie have had chances to play and work together.
We went to the CSUN conference and saw the exhibit hall with all the neat
new "toys".  Landon worked the best he has ever at CSUN.  I just had to
threaten him with the head collar but he settled down and he never had to
wear it.  First time in the five years I've taken him to CSUN!  There are
lots of service dogs and guide dogs there.  Landon did do some "drive by"
butt sniffs but he did keep his mind on working safely around the hall!

Yesterday, it was near 80 degrees at the beach and some friends and I went
to the beach to watch the surfers and walk on the boardwalk.  it was jammed
with people on foot, bikes, and skateboards.  Even someone on a Segway - a
two-wheeled transport device.  It was just like on a summer day.  San Diego
is such a great place to find free fun things to do in our nice weather!

Take care,

Lyn and Landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown