[nagdu] Landlord Issues

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 15:58:38 UTC 2013

Kody,

I am assuming that the apartment complex is not a HUD complex? But its privately owned? I think you said you live in NYC, right? You might give Carl Jacobsen a call. He is the NY affilate president and he would be more familiar to those who you would need to write to. Your gut is correct in feeling that this completely illegal. You could also contact your Disability Rights Network, as I know they work on things like this. I would write a letter to everyone and anyone who has anything to do with housing and the disabled. I also thinks its a good idea to get the landlord to write an official letter of denial of you and your guide dog. if this is ever to go any where and be changed, if you don't have it in writing it will be your words against his. if your scared, of asking for the letter , say that your a bit confused about what you and he talked about, and you need it in writing to understand.

Good luck, and please keep us updated. And lastly, Fight the good fight, you can do it!

Marsha drenth
Sent with my IPhone
http://adventureswith2feet4paws.blogspot.com