[nagdu] Ben and the cone

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Mar 17 15:27:05 UTC 2013

Ben is supposed to wear the lampshade for 10 days, but the vet said I could
take it off earlier if it was a problem.  I may take it off for short
periods, when he's closely supervised, but I wouldn't want him to scratch or
rub at his owie.

He is doing very well.  I felt his owie today, and it's very small.  It's a
bit swollen, but we're giving him anti-inflamatory pills for that.  The vet
said to watch for depression or loss of appetite.  Huh!  Ben is ravenous!
Today, when I put on my coat to go to the gym, Ben bounced up and was ready
to go, too, but I told him not today.  Tomorrow I think I'll take him for a
short walk without the cone, just so he doesn't get too bored.
It's a good thing that I can work from home.
Tracy