[nagdu] air line question

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 23 10:14:53 UTC 2013

Dar,
    Did they ask you how big you were and how much you weighed? This is one
of the challenges we face when we divulge we will be accompanied by a guide
dog. Just the sharing of this information triggers the belief it must have
been shared for some reason. Failing any understanding of what information
might be needed, the questions asked are either irrelevant or begin the
process of discrimination. There is absolutely no reason most places of
public accommodation need to know in advance that we will be accompanied by
a guide dog; therefore, it is unwise to tell them.
    I hope those on this list will begin to realize that advance notice of
such kind only creates problems rather than resolve them!

fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala