[nagdu] prayers going up for all

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue May 21 09:04:52 UTC 2013

Hi, all,
Odie and I are keeping those that have been hit by recent deadly tornados in our thoughts and prayers.
Let's hope and pray that both blind organizations and their members are all right and accounted for.
Most of all, my biggest hope and prayer that no guide/assistance dogs teams are lost or seriously injured.
I haven't heard much of the news as I've had to stop watching it for the time being.
It was emotionally starting to get to me and although I couldn't see the immages on the TV, just hearing the sounds of the roars from the twisters and descriptions were causing me to have horrible flashbacks of the four funnel clouds that formed over the Denver County area four years ago on June 14, 2009.
I look back and am thankful that Odie saved my life that day.
I was heavily sleeping and suddenly awoke to feeling the bed matress being jumped at and pushed hard.
I bolted up and felt my four-legged furry partner using his body language aggressively and hard to get my attention that we were in danger.
I then heard the tornado siren and realized something was wrong.
I ran from the bedroom in the apartment to the livingroom, asking my husband Dale what was going on, that the outdoor irrade siren was blaring.
He told me that he wasn't sure, that no alarm for an emergency alert interrupted anything on the television he was watching.
It was all unreal and very scary.
I felt the pressure from the funnel that was above Sunset Park Apartments and other buildings, including our baseball field at Coors Field Stadium.
The bottom of the funnel was over the top of the stadium which I figure the eye of the tornado.
The outer part was right where the apartment complex is.
Normally, the big rule is people aren' supposed to be close to any windows or objects that could fall on them.
Because I couldn't see what was happening, I went over to one of the computer desks nearest to the bedroom window, but on the right hand side and stood in front of it.
I felt the desk moving toward me and then away from me.
I went into the bathroom to touch the wall and same result.
It felt as if my apartment was being sucked up and then spat right back out and my ears popped.
That day on Flag Day, my ears began popping tremendously from the pressure and also hearing the siren go off every fifteen minutes for an hour.
Odie was terrified because of what was happening.
I couldn't do much to help him and despite that Dale his daddy gave him a couple of pats on the head, reassuring him that we were going to be all right, Odie didn't see it in his own way.
There were three other funnels that were spotted: one over the 30th and Downing light rail station, the third above the State Capitol building and the fourth final one over my friend Natalie Orrell's home and Save Alot near 38th and Federal Boulevard.
I was thankful that Nat and her guide dog Liam weren't home that day that they were on a hike out of the city.
During that scary time, I could only hope and pray that everyone and us would remain safe.
Am glad the funnels didn't touch down and nor damage happened or anyone was hurt and nor lives lost.
Since the unstabled weather and volcanic erruptions have been happening, Odie has been on edge.
The most I can do is keep him on the bed close to me, especially at night time on tie down for the time being.
This way if something serious were to happen, he'd be able to get me up quickly right on the spot.
Since I have a Convulsive Grandmal seizure disorder, I also have to be careful during these types of storms as the emergency siren is one of my triggers because it rotates and the sound moves around.
Lightning is another one of my triggers and when I feel that, it really hurts and my seizure activity flares up.
There was some thunder in our area yesterday and I slightly woke up from a nap, feeling Odie rub against my legs, checking to see that I was all right.
Although I lost my husband almost two months ago, I'm happy that I still have my best friend Odie to keep me safe and watch over me.
Of course, Dale is protecting and watching over the two of us amongst many others.
Well, I'll end right here and am sorry for the long, boring, message.
I just needed to vent and get everything off of my chest and out of me.
I have another reflection to share, but will do that in a fresh, new message and it will regard to Odie again, my hero.
Bibi and son Odie