[nagdu] Question about College Campuses

lizzy lizzym0827 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 16:45:32 UTC 2013

Hi All,
Are college campuses considered public places even if they are
private schools? I know that they are open to the public but
would my dog be covered under the ADA? I had to inform a school
that I will be bringing my guide with me on a trip because I will
be staying over night and don't want my roommate to be allergic
or afraid of dogs.  However, they are telling me that I need to
inform the office of disabilities and I'm not really sure why.  I
want to know my rights before talking to the office of
disabilities so that they don't overstep their boundaries.  Just
as an FYI, this school has never had a blind student and I'm not
sure if they've ever had a service dog on campus.
Thanks for any help you can give me,
Lizzy